Mental Health Nursing Modules from ANMEC
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre, in partnership with Flinders University of South Australia, is offering a 3-module CPD program, for Registered Nurses wishing to enter post-graduate studies that can establish a pathway for employment in Mental Health Nursing. Nurses wishing to complete these modules for CPD only, may elect to not complete assessment requirements and not receive credit towards University studies.
This online program includes 3 modules, which must be completed in order:
- Essential Frameworks in Mental Health Nursing
- Comprehensive Assessment and Person-Centred Care
- Contemporary Issues in Mental Health Nursing
The program includes assessments that must be completed successfully in order to achieve completion of the modules and gain credit towards University studies.
Applicant Entry Requirements
- Applicants must hold a nursing degree or equivalent
- Applicants must be currently working as Registered Nurses, and have a minimum of one year’s post-registration experience
- Must be sufficiently skilled to engage with the online learning environment including internet, chat-room classes, online research, and regular interaction with the Moodle environment
Successful completion of all 3 modules (including all assessment requirements) will provide the student with a pathway into the Flinders University Graduate Certificate in Acute Care Nursing (Mental Health), with a credit opportunity for the topic NURS98760 Acute Mental Health Nursing Theory.
Further information on the Flinders University qualification can be accessed at www.flinders.edu.au/study/courses/postgraduate-acute-care-nursing- mental-health.au
By agreement with ANMEC
Online delivery, with dedicated facilitator and assessor.
Up to 12 weeks for completion of each online Module, with each module requiring up to 45 hours’ time commitment
Send your expression of interest, using the link on the ANMEC website. ANMEC will follow up with enrolment information.
Full tuition fee: $235 per module for ANMF members, $285 per module for non-members (includes assessment and recognition for pathway into University studies)
CPD only tuition fee: $120 per module for ANMF members, $170 per module for non members (no assessment, recognition or credit transfer)