Eligible visa holders welcomed back to Australia
From 1 December 2021, fully vaccinated eligible visa holders can come to Australia without needing to apply for a travel exemption.
Some of the eligible visa types include the:
- Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482)
- Skilled – Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (subclass 494)
- Temporary Graduate (subclass 485)
- Student (subclass 500)
- Work and Holiday (subclass 462)
- Working Holiday (subclass 417)
Travel restrictions and quarantine requirements are subject to change given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Further information about the Australian Government announcement and updates about current travel restrictions can be found here.
UPDATE:The Australian Government has recently announced that the re-opening of Australia’s borders to eligible visa holders will be pushed back to 15 December 2021. This date may be subject to change. Further information can be found here.
If you would like more information, you can contact the NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association for a referral to Visa Assist. Visa Assist provides free and confidential immigration advice to union members.