Healthy pancakes to make you happy
Ermahgerd… How GOOD are pancakes!!!
The exciting thing about pancakes is that at Vitruvian Health, they are not just a breakfast food.
We’ve trialled many different combinations of ingredients to get to a pancake that you can have for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert. These bad boys won’t spike your blood sugar levels or keep you up at night – instead, they’ll both make you happy and boost your sleep!
How is that even possible?
The pancakes are made using a combination of protein, easy to digest carbs and a little fat.
Eating carbs promotes the release of serotonin, which is the relaxation hormone. Eating this meal literally helps you relax and unwind from your day, making you less stressed and happier.! Why not eat foods that make you happy from the inside out!!
- 3 eggs
- A choice of banana 100g, blueberries 180g or strawberries 450g
- 1g cinnamon
- Nut butter 30g or 90ml coconut milk
- Optional – 1 tsp of fibre
- Put eggs, banana and scoop of fibre (optional) into a blender;
- Heat a pan to low – medium heat;
- Pour small dollops of the mixture into the pan;
- Wait until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes – this means the underside will be golden brown;
- Flip pancakes and cook the other side to be golden brown too;
- Place cooked pancakes into a bowl;
- Add berries on top with coconut milk / nut butter;
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top;
- Bonus – add a couple of squares of dark chocolate!
This article was provided by Vitruvian Health.