COVID-19 Updates and Guidelines
The NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association is providing support and advice to any members seeking information regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Members are encouraged to login to Member Central via the main website online.nswnma.asn.au and access Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 related issues. If your issues can’t be found in Member Central, please contact us here.
Ensure you’re covered at work by joining the NSWNMA.
If members are concerned their employer is not following COVID-19 guidelines, the NSWNMA can provide assistance to ensure appropriate measures are in place.
Online COVID-19 Training
The Department of Health has developed a free 30-minute online education course for workers in the aged care, health and disability sectors
After completing the course, course participants should be able to:
- understand the basics about the COVID-19 virus, including how it is spread
- describe what you can do to protect yourself and others
- know what to do if you develop symptoms
- know what to do if the person you are caring for develops symptoms
- tell the difference between myths and facts of COVID-19.
Register to participate in the training here.
The NSWNMA will continue to provide further updates for members as we receive them. Make sure you login to NSWNMA Member Central to see our members only FAQs here: online.nswnma.asn.au.
Information for health workers is available below and updated regularly as the situation progresses.