Karl from Vitruvian Health shares a 10 minute workout for your core!
Whether you are at home, in the gym, or have 10 minutes to spare during your break, this workout is perfect for you!
We know that nurses and midwives are often time poor, so here’s a workout that’s designed especially for you!
This core workout has been specifically designed to work those key core muscles that help support our posture, spine and muscles that help us stay upright. It is also a great workout to assist with strengthening muscles that can reduce lower back pain.
Your aim is to start holding each exercise for 30 seconds for 3 sets. You can then advance to 45 seconds – 1 minute per exercise once you can hold each for the allotted time.
Hollow body hold
- Start lying on your back, legs together;
- Option 1 bend the knees in to your chest, arms lifted by your side;
- Advanced option – extend one leg, or both ;
- Squeeze belly down, push low back into ground;
- Hold this for 30 seconds.
- Start your plank on your hands, with feet hip width apart for beginners andfeet together for an advanced plank;
- Beginner’s option to drop knee;s
- Round through the upper back by pressing the floor away and pulling the belly in;
- Hips in line with shoulders;
- Hold 30 seconds.
Repeat hollow body hold.
- Roll onto your side, and press forearm down;
- Beginner’s option top leg bends and press foot into floor in line with opposite knee. Advanced option keep both legs straight;
- Lift hips up in line with shoulders by pressing the floor away;
- Hold 30 seconds;
- Repeat on the other side.
Repeat hollow body hold
Repeat the whole series 2 more times!
You can follow Karl with this workout below.
This workout was provided by Vitruvian Health.